The immune system is in charge of protecting us from attacking diseases. One important element of the immune system is the CD4 cell (one type of white blood cell). These cells protect against a variety of bacteria, viruses, and other germs. You can check to see if you get this virus. Visit our website for more information on Singapore HIV testing.
HIV infects the immune system. The virus enters the immune system in CD4 cells. This virus utilises CD4 cells to multiply itself thousands of times. This self-replicating virus will leave the CD4 cell and kill it at the same time. The more CD4 cells are dead, the immune system will be lower. Until finally, the immune system does not work. When this process occurs, the body will still feel healthy and no problem. This condition can last for 10 years or even more. And patients can spread the virus in this period.
Remember that everyone is at risk of HIV infection, regardless of age limit. But there are some groups of people who are at higher risk of HIV infection. They are:
– Injecting drug users
– People who make tattoos or do piercings.
– People who have unprotected sex either sex or heterosexual.
– People who live or travel frequently to areas with high HIV rates, such as Africa, Eastern Europe, Asia, and southern America.
– People who perform blood transfusions in areas with high HIV rates.
– People affected by other sexually transmitted infections.
– People who have sex with injecting drug users.
People who have recently become infected with HIV will experience symptoms like the flu. This occurs for approximately one month to two months after infection. Early symptoms such as fever, sore throat, and the appearance of a rash. But, some people who suffer from HIV do not feel the signs and symptoms for years. Just by having an HIV test, we can know for sure whether we are infected or not. The faster the HIV is detected, the treatment success rate will be higher. If you feel you are at risk of HIV infection, visit Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery immediately.